T20 Cricket Betting Tips, Odds & Championship Statistics
T20 World Cup cricket betting has been called one of the most lucrative forms of sports betting in India. There are a number of T20 leagues around the world starting with the Indian Premier League (IPL), Big Bash League (BBL) and Caribbean Premier League (CPL) which are based on the Twenty20 format.
But nothing compares to betting on a T20 match. Such championships are held every two years in early spring in the leading cricket countries. It is held over several days in which various matches take place. The spectacle is incredible and attracts a huge number of followers.
In the tournament, the teams are divided into two groups. The first group will consist of 4 seeded teams, while the second group will consist of the remaining 4 seeded teams. There will also be two qualifying teams from last year’s ICC World Twenty20 qualifiers, and the teams are similarly divided and placed into first and second groups.
Each such group will play its own team match once and points will be awarded based on the following criteria: 2 points for a win, 0 points for a loss and 1 point if the match is canceled due to rain.
This stage of the tournament is called a «round» and teams will be judged based on their points. After the stage of the round there will be the next — Super-8, after which the preliminary results are again summed up and the semi-final is held, and only then the final.
The first round consists of two groups — group A and group B, each of which is divided into 4 teams. The team will face the rival team once and the 2 teams with the most points in each group will qualify for the Super 12s tournament stage.
The Super 12 stage consists of two groups, with six competing teams in each group. Each team must meet the other team in the group once, the team will meet the rival team once, and the 2 teams with the most points in each group qualify for the knockout stage.
The knockout stage of the tournament includes two semi-finals (Team 1A vs Team 2B and Team 2A vs Team 1B) and the winner of each will compete in the tournament final.
T20 World Cup 2022 — Where to watch?
Follow the live broadcast of the T20 Championship.
- India: Star Sports
- Pakistan: PTV Sports
- Sri Lanka: SLRC (Channel Eye)
- Bangladesh: Gazi TV, BTV
- Australia: Fox Sports
- United Kingdom: Sky Sports
T20 World Cup Betting Tips & Predictions
Here you will find up-to-date forecasts and some tips for betting on the T20 Championship.
Since the tournament is held in Australia, bowlers and batsmen can use the field to their advantage. What does it mean? Wickets in Australia are usually fast and offer good rebound. This will be a good opportunity for fast bowlers.
The Australian weather forecast for the championship period promises to be good, once again giving bowlers and batters a chance to shine.
Moderate and high scorers are expected to take part in the current championship.
Australia have every chance of winning as they are in good shape and will enjoy home advantage.
After Australia, the sympathy of the bookmakers is won by the Indian team.
Mohammed Rizwan, David Warner and Jos Butler are named the best batters of this championship.
Let’s carry out some analysis of the top 10 teams of the upcoming championship.
- Australia. The team is the reigning champion, there are several hard hitters, all-rounders, as well as the firmness of the depth — rebounding to the ninth position, which inspires all hopes for victory. Do not also forget that the team plays at home, which gives no small confidence. Let’s go through the key players: David Warner is the best batter, Australia will rely on him, he will give the team the necessary start.
Markus Stoinis is a reliable all-rounder, successfully finishing innings, and also intuitively feels when to throw off important wickets.
Josh Hazlewood is the No. 1 bowler in this championship and is expected to hold back the flow of runs and be responsible for collecting regular wickets.
- England. The team has a good mix of hard hitters as well as planning skills. Their found attacking approach brings every chance of success. Key Players: Jos Battler — team captain, tough batsman and wicket-keeper.
Reece Topley — has his bowling style, as well as an impressive height to extract the rebound from the field.
Moin Ali is the MVP of England for several years in a row, in addition, he takes 3rd place among the ICC T20 all-rounders.
- Pakistan. Pakistan’s Kamanda is another contender for the trophy. Their strategy can hurt any opposition with the pace of the trio of Naseem Shah, Haris Raouf and Shaheen Afridi. In addition, they have the advantage of being the top two ICC T20 batsmen.
Key players: Mohammad Rizwan is the highest ranking batsman of the T20 tournament.
Shaheen Afridi — the player is a threat to many opposition batsmen, as he has a high left hand pace.
Mohammad Nawaz — showed himself well at the last Asian Cup, fans expect positive results from him for the team.
- India. Is the best T20I team, but many players are no longer in shape. The bowlers were handing out too many runs in the last game. And yet, the team has a chance to reach the semi-finals.
- South Africa. The team is currently ranked 3rd in the ICC T20 rankings, which gives hope for good chances. Key players: Aiden Markram is the second batsman among all T20 batsmen.
Tabriz Shamsi is the second best ICC T20 bowler.
Kagiso Rabada is the team’s strongest player and the field in Australia is perfect for his style of play, especially bowling.
- New Zealand. Over the past year, the team has greatly disappointed their favorites. Weak batting form, little chance of reaching the semi-finals. Key Players: Devon Conway is the team’s most reliable hitter. James Nisham is a quality all-around player.
- Sri Lanka. The team surprises from time to time with their breakthroughs like in Asian Cup 2022. Bhanuka Rajapaksa is the team’s most aggressive batsman, though Kusal Mendis is also a fierce opening batsman on the team. We should also remember Vanindu Hasaranga, which is a quality all-rounder.
- West Indies. The team that took the trophy twice. They have quality players who have performed well in international leagues. However, go to Super-12 this year they are not prophesied.
Key Players: Akil Hosin — top 10 bowler. Nicholas Puran is the top scorer, goalkeeper and wicket captain.
Kyle Myers is an aggressive batsman who will get his team off to a good start.
- Afghanistan. The team is improving every day, but there is still not enough experience to win the trophy. Key players: Rashid Khan is the most reliable player on the team, strong bowler.
Mohammad Nabi is the most experienced player on the team.
Rahmanullah Gurbaz is a tough wicket-keeper and batsman, bringing the team a good chance of promotion.
- Bangladesh. Among this ten, it has the least chances, due to the absence of hard attackers on the side. Much will depend on the player Shakib al-Hassan, who has long been an all-rounder. There are also hopes for Mustafizur Rahman, who is the team’s best bowler, he can set a good pace for the team. And don’t forget Lytton Das, who is the opening batsman and wicket-keeper.
T20 World Cup Past Winners
|YEAR||HOST||NUMBER OF TEAMS||WINNER||RUNNER-UP|
|2012||Sri Lanka||12||West Indies||Sri Lanka|
Existing Betting Markets:
- Double chance. Just like a bet on an outcome, only in a double chance two outcomes are summed up for a lower coefficient — for example, that there will be no draw or that at least one of the teams will not lose.
- For odds. Here you can make a prediction with what advantage the team will win or more than what handicap will not yield to the opponent. For example, in control matches between strong teams, there is a tendency to bet on a zero handicap.
- Results. A bet on the number of runs in a match or on a separate segment — after 5, 10, 15 overs and so on. It can be both general totals and individual totals for each team.
- Match statistics. Cricket is rich in various statistics and small events. In the lines for large matches, it is possible to find quotes by the number of run-outs or the best result of the first partnership. Also, many bookmakers offer to bet on how the first gate will be destroyed.
- Player statistics. Top level cricket lines tend to have a fair amount of personal achievement offerings. Here you will find a wide variety of indicators: the number of runs or 6-point strikes, various titles at the end of the match — the best batsman or the best player of the meeting.
- For the first innings. Quite a popular betting market for protracted test matches, because you do not have to wait several days to find out the results of the first inning. In the line for the first inning, you can usually find all the types of bets listed above.
Popular betting markets:
- Best batsman
- Top bowler
- The team will beat the most sixes
T20 World Cup Winners List
|Year||Winners||Runners Up||Player of the Series||Top Run Scorer||Highest Wicket Taker||Venue|
|2021||Australia||New Zealand||—||Babar Azam||Wanindu Hasaranga||Oman & UAE|
|2016||West Indies||England||Virat Kohli||Tamim Iqbal||Mohammad Nabi||India|
|2014||Sri Lanka||India||Virat Kohli||Virat Kohli||Ahsan Malik and Imran Tahir||Bangladesh|
|2012||West Indies||Sri Lanka||Shane Watson||Shane Watson||Ajantha Mendis||Sri Lanka|
|2010||England||Australia||Kevin Pietersen||Mahela Jayawardene||Dirk Nannes||West Indies|
|2009||Pakistan||Sri Lanka||Tillakaratne Dilshan||Tillakaratne Dilshan||Umar Gul||England|
|2007||India||Pakistan||Shahid Afridi||Matthew Hayden||Umar Gul||South Africa|
Cricket T20 Team Rankings
Cricket T20 Batsmen Rankings
|3||Devon Conway||New Zealand||774|
|8||Martin Guptill||New Zealand||688|
|9||Evin Lewis||West Indies||664|
|10||Rassie van der Dussen||South Africa||650|
T20 Bowlers Rankings
|1||Tabraiz Shamsi||South Africa||792|
|2||Wanindu De Silva||Sri Lanka||764|
|5||Mujeeb Ur Rahman||Afghanistan||687|
|6||Tim Southee||New Zealand||669|
|9||Ish Sodhi||New Zealand||640|
- Most titles: West Indies (2)
- Inaugural champion: India (2007)
- Maximum final appearances: Sri Lanka (3)
- Highest score: Sri Lanka 260/6 vs Kenya in 2007
- Lowest score: Netherlands 39 all out vs Sri Lanka in 2014
- Largest victory margin: 172 runs (by Sri Lanka vs against Kenya 2007)
- Most runs: Rohit Sharma (847)
- Highest individual score: Alex Hales (116) vs Sri Lanka in 2014
- Highest average: Virat Kohli (76.81)
- Highest strike rate: Jos Butler (144.58)
- Most 50+ scores: Virat Kohli (10)
- Most sixes: Rohit Sharma and David Warner (31)
- Most wickets: Shakib al Hasan (41)
- Best bowling figures: Adam Zampa (5/19) vs Bangladesh in 2021
- Best economy rate: Ravi Ashwin (6.01)
- Best strike rate: Ish Sodhi (13.7)